- The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (M&E Officer) will be providing support in monitoring and evaluating ongoing project on HIV/AIDS in Zamfara field Office.
- The incumbent will be responsible for overall M&E and learning needs of the project and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects.
- The incumbent will also help PI in strengthening its M&E functions based on his/her experiences from the project.
- Maintain an effective M&E system in the state office on thematic area
- Provide technical support and coordination for the implementation of M&E activities in the sites and state office to ensure program targets are met.
- Implement and ensure data quality and best practices in data collection, data management, and data reporting at site and state level
- Ensure the use of standard tools and indicators required in the program.
- Collect, verify and collate monthly reports from the field sites and submit to the State/LGA and PI Country office before stipulated deadlines.
- Supervise and ensure entry of monthly data into the DHIS by LGA/ State M&E team.
- Collaborate with state and local government on all M& E activities
- Coordinate the M&E capacity building of the site staff and program team through mentor-ship.
- Any other assigned duties
- First degree in any Social, Environmental or Natural Science discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of project monitoring and evaluation
- Understanding of the current M&E trends and especially M&E systems in development organizations
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation with at least 02 years with some international organization
- Experience in monitoring and evaluating of HIV projects
- Experience of field data collection, Knowledge of SPSS /Stata/Epi-Info software
- Monitoring and evaluation techniques and processes
- Data collection and management
- Analytical and research skills
- Good command over report writing in English
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer knowledge with command on MS Excel among other packages of MS Office
- Ability to speak the local language.