This position is responsible for evaluating of component of comprehensive ART program including prevent ion, clinical care and treatment for patient management and monitoring and overall program monitoring and evaluation. This role is also responsible for ensuring the collection and management of quality data and providing the analysis of this data for AHF prevention. care and treatment programs in Nigeria as well as participating in training and support supervision of service providers in order to ensure data quality.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Work with the country and state office staff and government counterparts to provide support and guidance on program/project monitoring and evaluation of AHFs activities in Nigeria and its reporting requirements.
• Provide support to sites in the state and interacting with site Program coordinators, Managers. M&E focal points, M&E officers of SACA/SASCP, other Implementing Agencies and local research groups on needs and ensuring that these parties understand and can support these requirements.
• Work with site staff and CBO partners to support the correct implementation and use of monitoring and evaluation tools, and adherence to complete, correct and timely reporting.
• Carry out routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data quality assessments (OQAs) using official tools, assisting the preparation of monthly reports and provide supportive supervision.
• Ensure that the quality of program/project activities adheres to SOPs by supporting the development and implementation of appropriate mechanisms to ensure quality.
• Provide direct technical assistance and capacity building in the design and implementation of the program/project
•Monitoring and Enhanced Evaluation components of the activities in the communities served.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of computerized data capture of the program and provide technical assistance and training to the staff at the sites responsible for data entry.
• Remain informed of current issues regarding Monitoring and Evaluation of programs in the HIV / AIDS fields by review of current literature; be alert to any implication of such research for project and program activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
Finished graduate studies, possession of MPH/MSc (epidemiology or statistics) an added advantage
• At least two to three years of monitoring and evaluation experience. preferably in III V care delivery models
• Proficiency in design, conduct and reporting of Data quality assurance/improvement and continuous quality improvement metrics and methodology
• Proficient knowledge of EMR platforms, DHIS platforms and other relevant national data management systems
• Experience in research design and conduct and evaluation of public health programs