- The Emergency M&E officer will provide support to community organization, implementing partners and Plan program staff to systematically measure progress in the implementation of Plan’s emergency response.
- She/he will provide a framework through which these measurements (M&E data) are fed back to those involved in the running of the various component of the emergency response program and ensure that the information can support and guide the decisions of the management team to improve the quality and impact the program operations.
- Work in close collaboration with the Humanitarian Manager, All Emergency Project Coordinators and the country office Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Coordinator to develop an overall M&E framework for the Emergency Response Program
- Liaise with the MEAL Coordinator for the development and implementation of an M&E Plan for the Emergency Response Program
- Develop indicator reference sheets, including a list of operational definitions of what are being counted for each indicator and develop appropriate data collection tools for the Emergency Response Program programmatic indicators.
- Provide community organizations, implementing partners and save the Children staff with clear and simple instructional sheets for each data collection tool and trained/provide regular coaching to relevant staffs and other stakeholders (e.g. teachers) on the use of the data collection tools.
- In consultation with sector specialists, design and develop program database and regularly update the Emergency Response Program Database
- Conduct post data entry verifications and regularly backups of Emergency Response Program’s programmatic database and information.
- Conduct regular field visits to track progress against indicators and put in place systems for routine data quality checks and validations
- Lead the coordination of field data collection and the flow of reports from the field to the management team and provide regular feedbacks to field workers and key stakeholders of progress in program implementations.
- Lead the Emergency Response Program baseline and evaluation activities and ensure the dissemination and use of the information products.
- Collate case studies and/or help partners to collect case studies for tracking program results.
- Actively participate in M&E meetings with key stakeholders
- Prepare monthly/quarterly progress reports and statistics as well as mid-/final reports to stakeholders
- Advise and put in place a system for promoting transparency and accountability of Plan for stakeholders.
- Perform other tasks as required by the Humanitarian Programme Manager
- 3-5 years’ experience in M&E positions and/or program experience in field data collection in emergencies
- Detailed knowledge of M&E frameworks and M&E Plans, systems and indicator reference sheets
- Experience maintaining programmatic databases
- Good understand of routine data quality checks/validation
- Experience in survey and qualitative interviewing, including supervising field data collection teams and writing research case studies
- Advance knowledge Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Training and facilitation skills in Education,
- Experience in advocacy for education related issues
- Have experience and/or knowledge about working with children on research issues and is aware of the local legal and child protection systems.
- Experience of working in a post conflict environment/refugee/IDP situation
- Project management experience
- Motorcycle riding with national driving license
- Ability to work as part of a team, Flexibility, adaptability, and patience
- Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines,
- Ability to assess problems and recommend solutions