Location: Cotonou (Benin)
Contract duration: Two (02) years, renewable
Job start date: February 1, 2016
Supervision: ALCO Executive Secretary
Background and Justification
The Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization (ALCO) is sub regional intergovernmental organization which was established in 2002 with the mission of reducing HIV impact on interregional trade in West Africa. In fact, in view of the increase of migrations on main roads and fostering economic growth, the Heads of States of member countries namely the Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin and Nigeria put in place this organization to facilitate road transit and transport as well as the development and implementation of a sub regional HIV/AIDS response.
During its first ten (10) years of service provision, ALCO largely contributed to the improvement of border posts environment and hospital infrastructures from Abidjan to Lagos, STIS and AIDS treatment, as well as the reduction of travelers’ transit time.
Within the framework of the New Funding Mechanism, the Global Fund (GF)grant allocated to ALCO took new directions. This grant focuses on a gradual transition of HIV prevention services to national programs and a reposition of interventions toward strengthening community system as well as the defense of human rights. The grant covers the period from 2016 to2018.
Aware of the challenges in the framework of the implementation of this grant, ALCO undertook actions in order to efficiently manage the resources which will be made available in the framework of this funding. To this effect, ALCO is recruiting a Monitoring and Evaluation Officer who will be based at ALCO’s headquarters in Cotonou/Benin.
Description of Duties
Under the supervision of the Executive Secretary, in collaboration with health authorities, partners as well as ALCO’s team, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will:
- Develop, implement and evaluate the Project Monitoring Evaluation Plan and measure both the progress and performance of the project at programmatic level;
- Develop/review data collection tools, train the users of these tools on their correct use;
- Ensure complete and timely reporting through the implementation of an efficient data management system from the provision of data collection tools to reporting;
- Ensure the analysis of data from Information Unit, health centers and NGOS;
- Ensure data quality through the establishment of a data Quality Assurance system;
- Provide Technical Assistance to health centers, NGOS and the team in charge of Monitoring Evaluation of ALCO’s partners in data collection and analysis, data assessment and use between health providers in view of improving the quality of services offered;
- Develop, implement and analyze together with Monitoring Evaluation team targeted assessments based on needs;
- Provide technical support to the Ministry of Health and AIDS through NAP and the health information departments as well as health centers in the Monitoring Evaluation of HIV support service, including the development or review of tools such as patient records, registers and data management systems;
- Provide support to the Ministry of Health and Aids in the assessment of HIV/AIDS programs, the development of new programs and the development or review of national indicators;
- Establish a network of on-site data managers of ALCO in view of improving the quality of data generated and their analysis;
- Oversee the monthly collection of support data from ALCO sites;
- Develop the monthly and quarterly report drafted within deadlines;
- Build the capacities of data managers from districts and health regions;
- Ensure and supervise the implementation of on-site Monitoring Evaluation updated tools;
- Manage the design and installation of Monitoring Evaluation equipment, the procurement of the equipment, training and maintenance in both health districts and training centers;
- Oversee the development and implementation of data quality control system, data quality assurance for the activities of the programs as well as Data Quality Audit;
- Provide support to ALCO research projects;
- Establish and maintain good working relations with main State Workers, partners and NGOS;
- Supervise the entire ALCO’s Monitoring Evaluation technical staff.