The M&E Officer will be primarily responsible for leading data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by ACF in Northern Nigeria. Under the direction of the M&E Deputy Program Manager and in collaboration with the Project Manager, the M&E Officer will develop and implement clear and practical M&E plans for the program by ensuring that program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized. He/she will also track progress of key indicators and provide timely report to his/her manager.
- Support the operationalization of M&E systems on ACF projects to ensure compliance with donor and ACF M&E standards.
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of ACF M&E tools, activities, and reporting.
- Document and promote good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities. Represent ACF externally in relevant forums and working groups at State level.
- Degree in Economics, international development, statistics, public health, demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international humanitarian quality standards
- Experience with mobile data collection (preferred)
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills)
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years M&E related work experience
- Experience of data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Commitment to and understanding of ACF aims, values and principles
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with ACF
- Strong interpersonal and community norms understanding
- Experience in community development programming, preferably in nutrition, food security, livelihoods or WASH
- Experience with mobile data collection processes and platforms
- Experience in statistical analysis
- Experience with participatory fieldwork methodologies.