About the role
- The role works within the International Programmes role family positioned within Programme support and development remits.
- The post holder will contribute to the progress of the Accountable Governance programme towards its strategic goals by strengthening the monitoring and evaluation systems to allow for quality reporting.
- S/he will promote effective and efficient monitoring and evaluation of programme activities, centred on impact and outcomes; create conditions so that learning feeds into programme decision-making.
- S/he will support the gender and humanitarian project, its implementing partners on monitoring, impact evaluation, knowledge management and donor reporting processes; share best practice and lessons learnt across the team and with external stakeholders as appropriate.
- The post holder will also support in developing and providing reference materials and quality information across the programme and will contribute to building the Nigerian country office and partner capacity to develop and use participatory approaches to monitoring and evaluation.
- The role is based in Abuja with frequent trips to target project areas in Nigeria.
- The post holder must have a 1st degree preferably in statistics or the social sciences and have at least 3 years NGO experience and knowledge of monitoring and evaluation.
- Good knowledge of donors (e.g EU, DFID, USAID) reporting requirement and standards.
- You must have significant experience of working with small, indigenous partners.
- You must be familiar with programme cycle management approaches and tools – including participatory planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- You should have basic project management skills, good knowledge of working with faith and community based institutions and civil society organizations in Nigeria.
- Good understanding of gender-sensitive programming and relevant experience with monitoring humanitarian project.
- It will be desirable for you to have a substantial knowledge of supporting programmes and programme staff in international/national and local agencies as well as strong report writing, analytical and documentation skills.
- You are required to have good interpersonal, organisational and communication skill.