- Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
- The individual will oversee the monitoring and evaluation components of the project as well as program monitoring. Working closely with the Surveillance Advisor, s/he must develop monitoring, evaluation and reporting (MER) systems that include appropriate indicators, baseline data, targets, and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely accurate and complete reports.
- Also, working closely with the Capacity Building Advisor, s/he must develop training plans to ensure training and skills transfer to the National Malaria Elimination Program at Federal, State and Local Government (LGA) levels.
- Contribute to and lead the design, development, planning, and implementation of project M&E technical strategies. This includes development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention linked research;
- Develop training strategies and tools for the transfer of needed M&E skills in design, development and implementation as well as other specific technical components;
- Analyze data sets and technical assessment findings; and develop M&E work plans;
- Work closely with the project team and National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP) to ensure compatibility, consistency and coordination of the M&E project framework with the Nigeria Malaria Elimination Strategy and Nigeria Malaria Operational Plans among others; national and donor requirements;
- Responsible for providing technical assistance, developing and setting up systems for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements;
- Focus on strengthening the M&E system, building capacity of partners and staff, and improving alignment and support to host-country M&E systems; and
- Undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems, and participate in planning M&E system strengthening actions. Provide guidance on information systems for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
- Responsible for exploitation of project data for production of scientific evidence
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation needs for research related to the project
- Explore/suggest the use of appropriate/innovative methodologies and technologies for information management in the project.