Recruitment Notice: N° 006/12/2015/ALCO/SE/UPM
Location: Cotonou (Benin)
Contract duration: Two (02) years, renewable
Job start date: February 1, 2016
Supervision: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Background and Justification
The Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization (ALCO) is sub regional intergovernmental organization which was established in 2002 with the mission of reducing HIV impact on interregional trade in West Africa. In fact, in view of the increase of migrations on main roads and fostering economic growth, the Heads of States of member countries namely the Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin and Nigeria put in place this organization to facilitate road transit and transport as well as the development and implementation of a sub regional HIV/AIDS response.
During its first ten (10) years of service provision, ALCO largely contributed to the improvement of border posts environment and hospital infrastructures from Abidjan to Lagos, STIS and AIDS treatment, as well as the reduction of travelers’ transit time.
Within the framework of the New Funding Mechanism, the Global Fund (GF)grant allocated to ALCO took new directions. This grant focuses on a gradual transition of HIV prevention services to national programs and a reposition of interventions toward strengthening community system as well as the defense of human rights. The grant covers the period from 2016 to 2018.
Aware of the challenges in the framework of the implementation of this grant, ALCO undertook actions in order to efficiently manage the resources which will be made available in the framework of this funding. To this effect, ALCO is recruiting an Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in Charge of Data Quality who will be based at ALCO’s headquarters in Cotonou/Benin.
Description of Duties
Under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, the incumbent carries out the following duties:
- Coordinate the project data collection in accordance with the monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Design tools for data collection, analysis and dissemination;
- Together with the computer team design on DIHS 2 the database and the project road map in view of managing the project data and information and ensuring the monitoring of information flow;
- Administer the project database and ensure it is constantly updated;
- Ensure the training of ME and Sub recipients in the use of the database;
- Ensure complete and timely reporting through the implementation of an efficient data management system from the provision of data collection tools to reporting;
- Ensure data analysis from health centers, NGOS;
- Ensure data quality through the establishment of a Quality Assurance system for the project data;
- Reports the problems that monitoring data will have highlighted and propose solutions;
- Provide technical support to health centers, NGOS and the Monitoring and Evaluation team from ALCO’s partners in terms of data collection and analysis, evaluation and data use among health care providers in view of improving the quality of services delivered;
- Put in place a system for annual collection of HIV impact data from member countries of the Abidjan Lagos Corridor and the Abidjan Lagos Corridor;
- Put in place a database to gauge the impact of HIV within the countries of the Abidjan Lagos Corridor and the Abidjan Lagos Corridor;
- Put in place a mechanism for archiving activities, study and mission reports as well as project data;
- Strengthen the capacity of SR in archiving data and documents;
- Put in place a network of data managers on OCAL sites in view of improving the quality of data generated and their analysis;
- Oversee the monthly data collection from the project implementation sites;
- Check the consistency of monitoring and evaluation indicators as defined for each activity of the Project;
- Produce on quarterly basis the project indicator performance tracking table for each country;
- Develop monthly and quarterly written reports per deadlines;
- Strengthen the capacity of sub-recipients as well as district and regional managers;
- Ensure data collection tools are available on implementation sites;
- Develop procedures and manuals for data quality assurance;
- Participate in data collection in the framework of studies and survey at ALCO level;
- Oversee the development and implementation of data quality control system, data quality assurance for the program activities and the Audit of Data Quality;
- Provide support for ALCO research projects;
- Establish and maintain good working relations with important State officials, partners and NGOS;
- Put in place a network of data managers on ALCO sites in view of improving the quality of data generated and their analysis;
- Conduct any other duties in relation with the position.