Job ID: 13-9020
Reports To: State Team Leader
- The success of the PRO-ACT project depends largely on accurate, complete and timely reporting of achievements to PEPFAR/USAID. Achievement of set targets is of utmost importance.
- Hence, the objective of the M&E Specialist position is to provide technical leadership in the roll-out of LMS-ACT M&E plan in the states integrating it with other health systems and generating strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices.
- Spearheading the roll-out of PRO-ACT M&E plan in line with PEPFAR and national reporting requirements
- Member of the State Project Management Team that is responsible for overall project performance
- Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State PRO-ACT project plan in collaboration with the Directors, Advisors and State Teams.
- Take lead in the implementation of PRO-ACT state M&E plan and reporting formats for PEPFAR indicators and targets in collaboration with the State Team, Advisors and Directors
- Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the PRO-ACT central data base and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
- Take lead in building the capacity of health units’ M&E staff and relevant health and community workers in collection, summarization, analysis and presentation of M&E data.
- Manage the roll-out of the project M&E data quality assurance system including quarterly data quality audits.
- Assist the STL to coordinate the establishment/strengthening of one state M&E system that informs policy and practice.
- Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at the state.
- Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
- Work with LMS-ACT management to document and publish best practices.
- Works independently and reports to the State Team Leader.
- Working within project strategy and policy guidelines, makes decisions with regards to work responsibilities and is accountable for them.
Responsibility over data or information:
- Has access to information within project, and is responsible for program data generation and management.
Responsibility over assets:
- Overall responsibility assigned assets in the program.
Responsibility over Staff:
- M&E Officers
- Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics.
- At least 2 years hand-on-experience in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
- Significant experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 2 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
- Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
- Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
- Significant experience working in HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria.
- Familiarity with PEPFAR reporting systems highly desirable, particularly for HIV Counseling and Testing, prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission, ART, palliative care, and OVC desirable
- Excellent writing skills, oral and written communication skills and fluency in English.