Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Act as a Safety Leader ensuring the ongoing identification of hazards and the implementation of controls to manage the associated risks with a special focus on Well Control, Permit to Work and Isolation procedures.
- Actively participate in daily pre-tour meeting and pre-job meetings as often as required by the operations. When a deviation from the planned operations is necessary, stop the work, regroup and obtain approval prior to plan and implement the deviation.
- Follow standard instructions and maintain good communication with the Assistant Driller and inform of any concern, ensuring any deviation is properly communicated and documented.
- Supervise the Pumphand, Floorhands and Roustabouts when they are involved in mixing operations.
- Ensure that operations are planned, organized, supervised and executed in accordance with well programs, rig move plans, Pacific Drilling requirements and contractual obligations.
- Perform the Mud System Operators daily checks i.e. QHSE checks, tank volumes, manifold line ups etc.
- Ensure material safety data sheets are available for all chemicals used for the fluid systems in use and that folders are updated.
- Ensure that appropriate Personal Protective Equipment is available and other safety equipment such as chemical showers and eye wash stations are well maintained in good working order.
- Assist Service Partners with the planning for upcoming fluid management tasks.
- Assist and relieve the Assistant Driller as required.
- Monitor the mud tanks during operations and report any unexplained tank level, or mud property changes to the Driller.
- Maintain an organized sack store and assist Service Partners maintaining an accurate inventory.
- Ensure the solid control equipment and mud mixing operations are being monitored constantly and keep accurate records of fluid transfers, fluid treatments and fluid properties.
- Implement, follow and regularly review Pacific Drilling work instructions.
- Demonstrate leadership support for Pacific Drilling’s Competence Management Program and implement all program requirements to ensure direct reports have the necessary competencies, training and skills to perform their job.
- Provide regular mentoring, appraisal and feedback to direct reports.
- Perform preventive maintenance or maintenance repairs occurring on all fluid pumping and treatment equipment.