Job Ref: 25797BR
- Provide expertise in the design, preparation, implementation and management of urban infrastructure and services projects in Africa and Asia.
- Prepare Operational Procedures for municipal engineering design and construction activities
- Pilot test procedures in selected municipalities and recommend any necessary or desirable improvements
- Present to international donor representatives and national government counterparts for review
- Provide weekly and Monthly progress reports covering all activities
You will be an experienced International Development consultant with proven technical skills in the above areas gained form implementing projects in country funded by donors such as DFID, ADB, EU, WB etc. Ideally you:
- Have at least 10 years of experience in international development
- Must have held Project Manager or Team Leader role on at least 2 previous international donor funded projects
- Master's degree in a relevant technical field, preferably in Engineering (or a BSc degree with relevant experience)
- At least 8 years’ experience in a developing country environment implementing relevant donor-funded programmes
- Field experience in implementing infrastructure construction projects and/or engineering training / capacity building programmes in at least 2 countries
- Provide support to decision-making, capacity building and learning
- Possess excellent report writing skills
- Are fluent in English, additional languages are beneficial.