- NonProfit Organization Management
- Minimum Qualification
- Master's Degree
- Required Experience
- 10 - 15 years
- Employment Type
- Male or Female
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Highest standard of integrity, discretion and loyalty.
- Excellent understanding of organisational issues;
- Commitment to professionalism;
- Commitment to effectiveness, accessibility, accountability, transparency and fairness of the justice system;
- Excellent understanding of Justice Sector Reform issues and/or fields directly relevant to the project;
- Knowledge in conducting training sessions and good facilitation skills;
- Good understanding of change management, including system development and organizational skills;
- Commitment to quality;
- Commitment to deadlines;
- Objectivity, honesty and fairness;
- Logic and ability to operate systematically;
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills;
- Timely and accurate submission of reports and other required documents;
- Substantive and linguistic quality of documents prepared;
- Commitment to confidentiality of the assignment and handing over of products and documents paid for by UNODC used in the delivery of consultancy outputs;
- Demonstrable drafting and report-writing skills.
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in Law, Criminology, Political or Social Science, Criminal Justice, International Relations, Public Administration, or related fields. A first level-University degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience, preferably in the field of criminal justice or justice sector reform processes in a multi-cultural setting;
- A good understanding of the social, economic, political and historical trends underpinning Nigerian justice administration; and experience of working on administration of criminal justice reform is essential;
- Previous experience with the United Nations System, European Union funded projects or other international organisations would be an asset;
- Considerable proficiency in the use of computers and related office software packages are a key requirement.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat;
- For this consultancy, fluency in English (both spoken and written) is required.