VN No: VN-NGR-54-2015
Type of Appointment: Special Service Agreement (SSA) for 30 working days
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The purpose of the study is to assess the extent to which action plans developed by the five Colleges of Education in response to recommendations of the Female Teacher Trainee Scholarship Scheme (FUSS) Operational Research (OR) conducted in 2014 have been implemented and whether actions taken so far have had positive results, especially in terms of retention and performance of the trainees.
- The study will primarily focus on the tutorial/remedial courses and administrative actions intended to improve outcome of the FUSS including retention, performance of trainees and value for money of the FTTSS.
Major Tasks to be accomplished:
- Desk review of relevant documents including FUSS Operational Research and Tracer Study Reports, project work plans, reports and tools.
- Develop detailed research methodology, protocols, fieldwork and analysis plan.
- Undertake field visit to Sokoto and Bauchi state to collect primary data.
- Process the primary data into a database, and ensure the data is clean and error free.
- Conduct analysis of the primary data and prepare draft report
- Present initial findings to UNICEF and partners for comments and inputs
- Finalize reports incorporating comments.