Purpose of the Consultancy
- The consultancy will assist the Education section in reviewing the UNICEF supported Child Friendly School (CFS) programme to determine the extent to which its objectives were accomplished drawing on the 2009 global CFS evaluation recommendations.
Major Tasks to be accomplished:
- Support Identification and review of related country studies and collect relevant information/data
- Ensure the formation of a task force group by government in consultation with UNICEF comprising of federal and/or state officials with desirable technical capacity to support the review process and formulation of recommendation.
- Identify sample schools jointly in consultation with federal and state ministries of education and the task force.
- Contribute to and support the design, development and finalisation of detailed methodologies and tools (including possible discussion with focus groups and interviews with possible necessity for translation)
- In liaison with UNICEF coordinate with the stakeholder taskforce at Federal and state level to ensure necessary discussion and suggestion of possible programmatic recommendations.
- Support the international consultant with key contacts, set up meetings, field visits and writing minutes of the meetings.
- Organise and participate in the field research process
- Organise the data compilation process
- Contribute to drafting parts of the report in liaison with the international consultant.
- Prepare report of the review process - consolidating federal and state level consultation and working group meeting reports.