Ensures implementation of ICT strategies and introduction and implementation of new technologies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with corporate information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures for the CONIG / projects technology environment;
- Analysis of the requirement and elaboration of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT;
- CONIG ICT business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in ICT management, control of the workflows in the ICT team;
- Participation in the office business process re-engineering activities and ensure that business needs drive IT solutions related to corporate resource management;
- Conduct of market research and analysis, and introduction of new technology for country office system updating and improvement.
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new ICT equipment for CONIG and its projects, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets;
- Development and update of the ICT annual plan and road map;
- Development and update of the IT business continuity plan, disaster recovery plan, ICT infrastructure and training plans;
- Follow up on their implementation;
- Leadership of the ICT work for effective and client-oriented services.
Assist in the planning of major ICT Infrastructure Projects, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- This will include Data Centre facilities, telecommunications, and Enterprise Operations matters of significant importance with other IT experts in UNODC HQ;
- Participates in the planning and preparation of the budgets and work plans of IT components of the three projects;
- Develop cost proposals and procurement plans for implementation, maintenance and support.
Conduct site technical assessments and evaluations for projects delivery, focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Conducts feasibility assessments, developing and recommending strategies to address ICT infrastructure needs of beneficiary agencies, and preparing plans for design, development and implementation, including project plans, schedules, as well as time and cost estimates;
- Develop technical specifications/cost proposals for procurement/contractual services;
- Oversees the technical evaluation of bids and proposal received, and monitor the procurement process;
- Testing and evaluation of new products and technologies and recommending technological changes.
Ensures efficient networks administration, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Monitoring of the computing resources to provide a stable and responsive environment;
- Operation of network utility procedures defining network users and security attributes establishing directories, menus and drive-mappings, configuring network printers and providing user access;
- Monitoring of backup and restoration procedures for both server and local drives;
- Timely upgrade of LAN infrastructure and Internet connectivity to meet UNDP requirements;
- Provision of technical advice on network administration to other agencies as required and monitoring preparation of bills for cost-recovery for the services provided.