- The overall objective of this position is to mitigate the risks posed to the programmes, personnel and assets in SC in Nigeria through the provision of specialized, coordinated and focused security management support.
- Candidate should have a formal security qualification or advanced security management training and an advanced level of understanding with the philosophy and mode of operation of NGOs.
- S/he must have a minimum of 5 years field based experience in complex and insecure settings, experience in liaising with civilian, police and military government authorities, as well as with regional, national and international institutions, experience of incident reporting, incident mapping, intelligence collation and analysis functions, set up and execution of an incident warning system (warden system), compilation of security reports and assessments.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Experience in providing safety & security trainings such as personal safety & security, fire safety and first aid
- Willingness to work and travel in often difficult and insecure environments.
- S/he should have a high level of IT expertise.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria-the Northern States