- Oversees the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training, and special projects; plans, designs and implements data connectivity for local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) systems;
- Assists in coordinating special projects including network related wiring plans, LAN/WAN hardware/software purchases, and system installation, backup, maintenance and problem solving;
- Assists in providing network and remote connectivity hardware/software support; maintains LAN user documentation including hardware/software applications, support logs and other related information;
- Researches and recommends network and server hardware and software; assists in installing, designing, configuring and maintaining system hardware and software;
- Analyses and troubleshoots the network logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems; monitors usage to ensure security of data and access privileges;
- Installs supports and maintains both physical and virtual network servers and appliances; installs, maintains, and troubleshoots the Storage Area Network (SAN);
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security; performs daily server tape backups; researches, analyzes, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems;
- Develops, maintains and implements network support, and archiving procedures; researches and evaluates new technologies related to computer networking;
- Assists in planning, coordinating and consulting with vendors and clients for hardware/software purchases, product services and support; recommends and specifies the purchase of related products and services;
- Keeps current regarding new hardware/software products for system enhancements;
- Maintain an inventory of parts for emergency repairs
- Assists and provides support to the Coordinator, WAN/LAN, and other technology staff as requested including performing scheduled network tasks, updating anti-virus definition files, monitoring network servers, and providing internet and intranet user support, and specialized training.
- E-mail/Internet/ Systems Support Establishes and maintains user e-mail accounts; provides e-mail training and software support; provides e-mail documentation and updates user manual as needed;
- Manages anti-spam and anti-virus servers; researches and troubleshoots e-mail problems by reviewing mail logs, records, and network configurations;
- Provides solutions to customer identified problems.
B.Sc or HND Degree Holder with at least 5 - 8 years’ experience in this capacity.
v Candidate should have strong communication skills – oral and written
v A key part of the role will be good negotiating skills
v He must be able to proffer solutions to challenging IT Issues within the organization.
v Totally resourceful and trustworthy.
AGE: 27 – 35 YEARS