As a Network Engineer, you will provide pivotal assistance to customers in the installation, configuration and commissioning of network installations. Travelling to customer sites throughout the UK, you will primarily support Cisco network equipment.
Ensuring the effective delivery of high-end, innovative customer solutions, you will provide key technical guidance, support and assistance to our client's customer base. You will respond to issues and queries in a timely manner, troubleshoot and resolve network faults and follow issues through to their successful completion.
In this varied and rewarding role, you will undertake work by remote network access or on-site diagnostics and take part in an on-call rota to resolve urgent or catastrophic issues.
- Experience of Cisco, Juniper and other network equipment
- Experience of configuring Cisco ASA and Juniper NetScreen Firewalls
- An excellent understanding and experience of IP switching, routing and networking protocols and hardware
- Familiarity with the Cisco networking product set
- Working towards or in possession of, at least, Cisco CCNA
- A driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical personnel successfully.
- Customer-focused and flexible, you must have a keen eye for detail and exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge and experience of VoIP, including SIP and SCCP would be beneficial to your application, as would knowledge and experience of wireless networks and protocols. Familiarity and experience of Juniper, HP ProCurve and other networking hardware and product sets would also be an advantage.