- Manage and maintain Monitoring Systems (these report on the status and performance of the network, ISP services and facilities).
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on the systems and networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution).
- Provisioning (IP assignment, core network configuration, DNS setup, monitoring and graphing for colocation, leased lines, customer backup and other customer network services).
- Server build and installs, application upgrades, network equipment build and installation. Maintaining hardware serial audits, writing custom monitoring plugins and configuring bespoke graphing.
- Facilities maintenance (monitoring and management of air-conditioning, UPS, generators, power usage, running health and safety and housekeeping checks at POPs).
- Facilities provisioning (installing racks, setting up power, installing Ethernet, fibre and console cabling, remote power and KVM).
- Maintenance of technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Development of knowledge and skills in network and system administration, particularly with regard to architecture and platforms.
- Participate in a 24x7 call-out rota
Skills and Qualifications
- Computer Science or Electrical Engineering. Minimum 2 years work experience.
- Participate in a 24x7 call out router
- Logical thinker
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills.