- Information Technology
- Minimum Qualification
- Bachelor's Degree
- Required Experience
- 1 - 3 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Male or Female
The Engineer will work in a team environment, supporting TUK’s Packet, Transmission and IP Networks in order to meet their objectives. The engineer will be experienced in various Packet, Transmission and IP network topologies and technologies. They must have the ability to deal with incidents in a professional manner to facilitate the best possible resolution, within the agreed SLA’s.
Proactive & reactive management of TUK’s Packet, Transmission and IP Networks to take full ownership of related issues, to ensure that all alarms and faults are logged, escalated and resolved using current Fault Management Process within current stringent SLA’s and local handling times.
To assist the Team manager in assessing, providing guidance and support of new Technical Services in delivery to the CSDT Packet area of Network Operations.
Periods of cover for Team Mgr and Front Line Shift.
Monitor system alerts, perform routine end to end tests, rectify issues where possible and, when necessary, escalate issues.
Use of FLO Toolsets.
Perform general housekeeping tasks to keep the operational.
Initial problem diagnostics and resolution.
To raise/escalate and take ownership of all Packet, Transmission and Support infrastructure network faults to ensure resolution within SLA guidelines.
To be able to make effective decisions on planned activity within the Packet, Transmission and Support infrastructure networks that would potentially affect the customer.
To be able to take ownership and control of Incidents and Major Service Failures within the Packet, and Transmission and Support infrastructure networks and keep Management and Service Controllers informed of their progress.
To actively take ownership of Packet, Transmission and Support infrastructure networks related Major incidents to effect resolution whether by personal resolution or by engaging support teams.
To proactively manage the following duties. Including, but not limited to;
Maintaining and improving network performance in line with KPI criteria.
Using proactive diagnostic skills; identify and resolve underlying trends and patterns putting in place strategies for long term fault resolution.
To act as an interface between the two Shift teams. This includes, but is not limited to, knowledge sharing and the handover of any outstanding faults.
To provide mentoring and guidance to future TUK Apprentices and Interns about TUK’s fault management processes and procedures, network elements and diagnostic toolsets.
To liaise with 3rd line internal and external Support Vendors at a Technical level.
To provide support and guidance to external parties in the resolution of Packet, Transmission and Support infrastructure networks related problems driving for resolution within agreed SLA’s.
Occasional 24/7 shift cover to ensure the network is fully supported at all times.
Work with development teams to further the capabilities of our systems.
- Jeopardy management of all inboxes.
- Management of the tactical interface to Ericsson.
- A detailed understanding of GPRS, 3G and 4G networks.
- A detailed understanding of transmission technology especially Ethernet, IP, Microwave, BT MEAS and IP VPN.
- A good understanding of IP and Networking technologies. CCNA or above would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of BT MEAS and IP VPN product and service.
- A sound understanding of O2 products and services.
- The ability to absorb and understand new technologies and network changes without formal training as a precursor.
- Must be confident working under own initiative, whilst being supportive of team aims and objectives.
- The ability to work under periods of high pressure and be self-sufficient and motivated.
- Have a flexible approach to change.
- A common-sense approach with problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Basic UNIX skills.
- Good Documentation skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite.
- Maintain and develop the Packet & Transmission team’s Sharepoint site.
- To develop service overviews and maintain supporting documentation.
- To maintain and develop troubleshooting service guide documentation.
- To investigate and support Network related issues.
- To monitor live model usage and propose capacity and service improvements.
- Technical advisor for change control process for Live.
- Facilitate all new projects into live, service transitions.