Dell Services is growing and we are looking for seasoned network professionals. Dell provides a complete end-to-end suite of enterprise products, services, and support for the IT environment. These products are all interconnected and Dell is looking for the right people to help build out our enterprise deployment team.
The Network Deployment Services Team provides advanced planning and guidance to customers regarding networking configuration, installation, firmware, hardware, and best practices across all of Dell’s networking product lines. This position is responsible for analyzing, collaborating with platform architects and sales engineers and providing solutions to complex issues and/or customer requirements.
This position is for a high caliber Network Engineer to design, implement, integrate and support Dell’s networking product line. The candidate must be able to provide assessments / consulting, design, development, configuration templates, deployment and operational support of network technologies to ensure continuous availability of secured and reliable network services to both internal and external global customers. The position requires extensive deployment experience with either Dell, Cisco, Juniper and/or Brocade products as well as general routing, wireless and network security skills.
· Provide remote design / configuration and on-site deployment support to Dell-badged field resources or delivery partners for all customers on current and future Dell Network products.
· Understand, design, propose and communicate requirements to all solution stakeholders (internal and external).
- Analysis and gathering of technical details regarding customer environments and system requirements.
- Development of the Network Deployment Workbook (NDW) for each assigned customer engagement.
- Deliver on-site or remote services including creation of high level and detailed design documentation, customization, product integration and acceptance.
· Travel frequently to customer sites to audit/monitor delivery quality, perform site surveys and/or deliver deployment services.
- Deliver on-site consulting services such as performance monitoring, network audits, testing/troubleshooting and make recommendations for the optimization of a customer’s network.
- Ensures that Dell-badged or partner delivery resources receive and understand the NDW before any resource is dispatched to a customer site.
- Acts as the first line of technical escalation for assigned customer engagements for field delivery resources.
· Act as a Networking SME for all EDT Server and Storage Solutions (eg. interface configurations, FCoE).
- Ability to use diagnostic aids, tools and appropriate lab equipment, as necessary.
- Coaches and mentors internal employees on advancements in software and hardware technologies, up to and including technical consulting and training.
- Work closely with Force10 TAC organization and work customer hot escalations.
- Acquire expert level knowledge on all Dell Networking products.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of all EDT Deployment Services where network configurations are present.
- Special project assignments from manager.
QualificationsEducation level: Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, Masters in Computer Science, MCSE, or equivalent work experience in a software/support and services environment.
Work Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in a technical support and services environment.
Certifications/Accreditations:At least industry recognized accredited certification, such as Cisco (CCNP, CCIE), Juniper (JNCIP), Brocade (BCNP), Aruba (ACMX) or any like networking vendor. Applications with the ability to obtain an industry level certification within 6 months of hiring will be considered on an one-off basis for the right candidate. Applicants are required to maintain/enhance their industry skill level throughout their employment.
Communication skills: Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and listening skills. Foreign language fluency is a plus.
Technical skills & Knowledge: Extensive experience supporting the following technologies; Routing protocols, BGP, OSPF, RIPv1/v2, ISIS, EIGRP, FRAME-RELAY, ISDN, MPLS, IP multicast, QOS, policy routing, packet filtering, wireless, networking OS architecture and performance issues. Experience in Spanning Tree protocol and its variants (xSTP), VLAN Membership Policy Server (VMPS) VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP), NPLS, ISL, 802.1Q, 802.1p, FCoE.
Other Abilities required: Must have very strong interpersonal skills. Must demonstrate exceptional customer service/support skills and represent Dell in a professional manner at all times. Ability to multi-task on multiple customer engagements in order to keep solution deliverables on target. Must be able to work with customers and partners from different geographies and be culturally sensitive. Must be highly motivated, a self-starter, and have proven ability to function effectively without direct supervision.
Work Schedule: Dependable attendance is a requirement for this position. Able to be flexible for last minute and planned travel requirements, including after hours and weekends deployments, as required. Must have a valid passport or the ability to get one within 60 days.
Travel: up to 50%