Reporting Line: IP Security Specialist
The Network Security Engineer will ensure that applications and infrastructure are implemented to the highest security standards, thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust. He will participate in security audits, security log analysis, DDOS protection implementation,risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews on all MainOne IPNGN infrastructures.
The Network Security Engineer’s responsibilities shall also include:
The specific responsibilities shall include to:
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans while working closely with the information security officer, CISO, ISMS Manager and Risk Managers.
- Configure, harden, & install Cisco firewalls, routers & switches.
- Secure network by enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access
- Manage multiple perimeter firewalls to include application level firewalls.
- Implementing security engineering technologies and supporting processes for strategic projects.
- Implementing and optimizing Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) protection solution/techniques.
- Evaluating new and emerging DDOS threats.
- Participate in tier 2 and tier 3 security operation support.
- Participate in incident handling.
- The responsibilities defined above span across the business in Nigeria, Ghana and International markets.
Contacts: You will be required to work closely with the IP Team
- Bachelor Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 4 years experience with 2-3 years experience in security logs analysis and interpretation.
- Must have at least one of the following certificates: CCNA (Security), CCNP, CCNP (Security), CISSP, Cisco Cybersecurity Specialist, CCIE Security.Competencies RequiredKnowledge of network routing protocols e.g. EIGRP, OSPF, BGP.
- Strong knowledge of security protocols and implementations: TCP/IP, IPSEC VPN, SSLVPN, etc.
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP,HTTPS, routing protocols).
- Strong understanding of a process driven environment
- Must have at least one of the following certificates: CCNA (Security), CCNP, CCNP (Security), CISSP, Cisco Cybersecurity Specialist, CCIE Security.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong customer service experience and orientation required.
- Availability to work extra hours in times of emergency and specialized project deliveries
- Understanding and manage the pressure of a 24x7 customer support environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve systems problems and issues.