To plan and implement a highly effective and cost efficient, end-to-end network security framework within the MTNN voice and customer data networks.
Technical Solutions – Evaluation & Identification
- Evaluate and determine the network security needs of all internal and external data customers.
- Understand financial impact of implementing new or upgraded security technologies.
- Interface with other departments within Network Group, as well as the IS Group and assist in problem-solving in the MPLS WAN and IP LAN with specific emphasis on security
- Design, installs, configures, manages, and maintains mission critical enterprise firewalls, IPS, VPN and other technical controls.
- Implement and maintain a suite of security metrics to enable the effectiveness of the security strategy and operation to be measured and related security issues to be understood and managed
- Implement network access control across different network segment on the IP/MPLS network
- Ensure security and preventative measures for unauthorized access.
- Escalate network related fault and network clearance rate.
- Ensure quality roll-out of new Data/services working with Marketing and IP System planning.
- Perform New Node implementation and cut over.
- Provide Emergency Maintenance on IP/MPLS Network with Security skills High Level trouble shooting.
- Achieve Planned Works Completion rate.
- Standard MTNN working conditions
- Extended work hours
- May be required to travel at short notice
Experience & Training
- Fluent in English
- First degree in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering
- CISSP Certified Information Systems Security Professional would be an added advantage
- Cisco Certification to Professional Level required with a bias in Security
- CCIE certification would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience which includes;
- 3 years in Security Operations Environment, including VPNs, Cisco Pix/ASA firewalls/Checkpoint firewalls, VPN solutions, IPsec, VPN Concentrators, Tacacs+ and Access-Lists, Load Balancing, Routing Protocols, Patch Management, Linux, Routers and Switches
- 2 years in Security Planning Environment including design and implementation of secure networks, service migration planning.
- Proven network security architecture knowledge across multiple security domains.
- Experience in multi-vendor network operations
- Solid security experience essential
- IP, Networking, GSM, Security-related courses
BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND