Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Under the direction of the immediate supervisor, maintains and upgrades the company backbone. Installs computer networks and connections for company backbone. Evaluates, configures, installs, tests, and upgrades computer hardware and software. Maintains and develops websites and databases. Acts as a resource person, provides technical guidance, and resolves problems. Performs major repairs.
Participates in planning computer network installations. Installs computer networks and connections for campus backbone. Installs network file servers, including network operating system software.
2. Evaluates, installs, configures, maintains, tests and upgrades computer hardware and software, including network hardware, relational databases and software at both the file server and workstation levels.
3. Proposes and develops, using software or a programming language, applications or computerized tools according to the needs of the unit or problems encountered.
4. Installs network cabling for both local and campus-wide networks.
5. Acts as resource person. Analyses and resolves problems. Ensures the optimal performance of networks. Provides technical guidance and assistance, including post-installation support on networking issues.
6. Performs major repairs and adjustments or coordinates repairs with external organizations. Maintains equipment.
7. Maintains records and prepares documentation related to activities of the unit.
8. Keeps abreast of new developments in the field to update skills and knowledge.
9. Maintains inventory and purchases equipment and material in area of responsibility.
10. Uses equipment such as a network analyzer, memory tester, and a variety of electronic test equipment.
11. The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks, which may be performed by an employee whose position has been matched to this generic job description.
Interested applicants should have a minimum of OND/NCE in relevant fields. Any higher qualification with working experience will serve as an added advantage..
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should forward their updated CVs to HR through this email: firstname.lastname@example.org or send your Name, Location, Qualification to this 08159283609.
Note: This job offer is mainly for Lagos residents.