Job number 11372BR
Job title New Product Introduction (NPI) Coordinator
Appointment type Permanent
Job purpose and key deliverables
To coordinate the execution of all New Product Introduction (NPI), Product Development (PD) and Product Modification (PM) initiatives within the Area Operations, in order to support the delivery of sustainable Growth, Productivity & Responsibility business objectives.
To ensure that new products or material changes are effected with minimal write off and delivered OTIF. Plan effectively for new materials and provide clear visibility of progress and deviations to management.
To ensure that Wrapping Materials Stores (WMS) requirement/Supplies necessary to meet approved stock durations and production for British American Tobacco West Africa Area are achieved. Support in the management of total pipeline inventory to keep the cash flow within budget. Maintain adequate relationship with the NPI delivery managers, Commercial and other stakeholders within Operations.
- Track all planned New Product Introduction (NPI) projects and provide relevant reports and updates in all Area and Regional meetings.
- Support 100% OTIF delivery on all new launches and missiles.
- Manage all material inventory for New Product Introduction (NPI) projects to help eliminate exceptional cost and write offs
- Phase out and introduce new materials according to agreed time lines without significant impact on production and supply of finished goods.
- Continuously review business processes and identify opportunities for improvement in business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Implement all planned changes effectively and deliver within budget.
- Represent the Operations function at the weekly teleconference meetings with the Regional New Product Introduction (NPI) Delivery Team
- Manage the delivery of all Operations activities with the New Product Introduction (NPI) process
- Coordinate the monthly status meetings within the Operations function
- Ensure there is no control break downs within the New Product Introduction (NPI) Planning function.
- Embed continuous improvement culture in the planning process
- Participate effectively in all coaching and formal training programs
- Effective participation in developing IDP and implementation of same as agreed with line manager.
- Effective working relationships should be maintained with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth progress and ultimately prompt delivery of projects.
• BSc or HND in Sciences or any relevant field
• Excellent analytical skills
• Working knowledge of SAP Systems – TaO
• Working understanding of MRP/ERP principle.
• Understanding of Factory constraints and complexities.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Good understanding of inventory management principles.
• Flexibility and adaptability to change.
• Good presentation skills.
- Project Management Skills
Working at BAT British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Employing company British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)