- To lead and take full ownership for project and strategy implementation of SDN in the Niger Delta.
- This role will require a strong emphasis on internal capacity building; the management, leadership and development of a large team; and representing SDN to external stakeholders.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Organisation Structure and Process Design 30%
- Strategy and Programme Development 20%
- Programme Implementation 20%
- External Relations and Communications 20%
- Fundraising 10%
Organisation Structure and Process Design:
- Promote effective governance processes and attract potential new members of SDN
- Implement an effective employee structure and project allocation process for the Nigeria office
- Direct and oversee the employee review and appraisal process for the Nigeria office
- Direct and oversee the PMEL process to ensure it is consistently and thoroughly adopted across all projects
- Support the implementation of financial policies, procedures and internal control structures whilst ensuring these are strictly adhered to throughout the organisation to maintain financial and legal integrity
- Liaise with the Finance & Admin department to prepare and review annual and project budgets
Strategy and Programme Development:
- Support the design and lead the implementation SDN’s mission and vision in the Niger Delta
- Oversee regular analysis of political and security developments and themes in the Niger Delta
- Lead the development and deepening of SDN’s understanding of its focus areas and methods
- Coordinate internal and external discussions on stability and development in the Niger Delta
- Lead and direct the process of planning, development and implementation of projects
- Oversee the development and implementation of research and data collection processes
- Oversee the analysis, review and final output process for all project reporting
- Lead the monthly internal review process of project implementation
- Review, critique, edit and approve project reporting and outputs
External Relations and Communications:
- Lead SDN’s high-level engagement with key stakeholders in the Niger Delta
- Identify, build and leverage relationships that are key to promoting stability and development in the Niger Delta
- Direct the development of appropriate strategies for advocacy with key SDN partners
- Contribute towards the SDN external communications process by writing articles for the website and email distribution
- Direct fundraising activities to ensure they fit with SDN’s vision and mission in the Niger Delta.
- Ensure that fundraising meets the operational and financial requirements of the organisation.
Salary for the role is commensurate with experience and education, with excellent benefits.