Abt Associate, an international development organization composed a multi-disciplinary group of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries, seeks candidates for a new child health program in Kebbi State, Nigeria.
The Program Coordinator will serve as the lead coordinator for the ICARE Project in kebbi.
Specific tasks and responsibilities include:
- Liaise with Zinc Program Coordinator on all program related activities.
- Attend and report on discussions at State Coordination meetings.
- Liaise with BBC Media Action/CHAI/other partners/advertising firms on provider and caregiver focused demand creation messages and materials.
- Liaise with State Department of Pharmaceutical Services/MOH and NAPMED on all plans related to training events and supportive supervisory activities.
- Facilitate training events: arrange for venue and food, ensure training materials are available.
- Liaise with partner manufacturers and suppliers of ORS and zinc and amoxicillin to ensure that their representative attend training events and have sufficient supplies of products to offer for sale at the event, that detailers are regularly attending monthly NAPMED meetings, and that appropriate contracts are being made with individual retailers (detailers are visiting PPMVs and sales reps are visiting private sector clinics and community pharmacists).
- Work with partners suppliers to ensure continuous supply of quality, affordable ORS, zinc and amoxicillin products in the markets particularly at the PPMV level in rural areas.
- Monitor retail outlets and the commercial supply chain to ensure that the product sales/marketing information is reaching retail outlets, especially in rural areas, and that the wholesale/distributor system is working to ensure product availability.
- Conduct monitoring at the retails level to ensure that retailers are recommending the appropriate diarrhea treatment products and are providing appropriate counselling and advice and referrals for patients with pneumonia.
- Monitor all related research activities(retail audits, mystery client surveys or HH surveys)
- Report monthly to Abt’s Zinc Program Coordinator and Abt‘s Child Health Advisor.
- Other duties as assigned to enhance ORS and zinc and amoxicillin marketing.
- Educational degree in pharmacy or marketing, development or related field.
- Experience working in development programs and dealing with donor communities.
- Good communication skills.