OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME :
The travel sub-unit is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing WHO travel policies and ensuring effective and efficient coordination of all official travel of WHO staff members, consultants and visitors in accordance with WHO financial regulations.
Description of duties:
- Undertake travel arrangements for all WHO staff members embarking on international official travels and ensure follow-up actions with AFRO, HQ or other Agencies in facilitating the issuance of relevant travelling documentations including Travel Authorizations.
- Arrange visas for all WHO travellers so that they are able to attend meetings within the set dates and where the need arises, to arrange for visa at the point of entry. Keep updated addresses and telephone numbers for Hotels and carry out update of hotels in the country.
- Identify new hotels and negotiate concessionary rates for WHO staff and Consultants; Make hotel reservations for WHO staff members, family members, Consultants, participants at meetings and Government delegations on WHO missions in and outside the country.
- Maintains an up-dated list of Government Ministries and Agencies and their senior personnel collaborating with WHO, eg Consultants, NGOs, Diplomatic Missions and other International Agencies for the purpose of follow-up of communication.
- Manage and oversee all airport protocol and immigration matters.
- Undertake other administrative duties assigned from time to time.