• Activate newly integrated BTS sites and Nodes (core element) after normal working hours, weekends, and public holidays to ensure optimal network performance and meet business objectives and plans at all times.
• Carry out network management; faults detection, troubleshooting, escalation and resolution of all Base Station Sub-Systems/ Nodes.
• Detect, diagnose and acknowledge all alarms from all Base Station Sub-Systems Nodes or Elements.
• Ensure real time performance management of all Base Station Sub-Systems network elements.
• Provide daily reports and recommend action steps to be carried out to improve network quality.
• Perform routine maintenance on all BSS network nodes across the country.
• Identify malfunctioned BSS network element and trouble spots using various management tools such as Ericsson TMOS, Huaweii Manager M2000, REWSS, and REMEDY etc.
• Resolve faults on Radio Access Nodes (BSC, BTS and Transcoder).
• Act as interface and provide access reference number to MTN Contractors, Field Engineers, Operational Maintenance Centre Engineers and other GSM/PTOs Companies for planned work, change request and access to all MTN location.
• Provide security information to all regional security offices across the country in order to protect all MTNN equipments through network surveillance.
• Provide ideas and feedback on software tools, procedures and improvements to NSMC functionality.
• Provide ideas and feedback on network status to the relevant planning units based on specific KPIs such as Processor Load e.t.c.
• Convey all faulty devices and hardware to field support engineers (Radio, Transmission, ESS and others) and NSMC Coordinator for replacement.
• Assist Capital Program Group Engineers, Radio Engineers, Optimization and Support personnel with troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolution of BSS network faults.
• Ensure proper management and implementation of all network changes according to the organization process and procedures.
• Provide regular updates on MTNN performance and other network issues to all the stake holders (management, escalation unit, sales and distribution, customer relations, marketing and other relevant departments in the organization).
• Ensure NSMC Shift Hand-Over procedure is strictly adhered to.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• Regular shift work.
• On standby 24/7 throughout the year
At least 4 years work experience comprising:
• At least 2 – 3 years hands-on experience in light current, telecommunications or a related field.
• Experience in GSM switching environment preferably working on Ericsson, Huawei and Siemens switches is desirable
• Basic knowledge of IP Infrastructure and Networking in an Operations and Maintenance Center, Network Management Center and Network Operations Center