• Source information on technical network related faults
• Liaise with the Friendship Centers, Dealers and Sales Outlets across the country to gather information on network related faults.
• Escalate complex problems to appropriate quarters where necessary.
• Interface between the Customer Service Centers and Network Management Center (NMC).
• Manage the technical help line for the NMC.
• Coordinate resolution of network fault reports from the Advanced Help Desk (AHD)
• Interpret technical faults for Switching Systems, Base Station Systems, Transmission and Value Added Systems.
• Attempt first line resolution of all faults related to the HLR.
• Escalate other faults to appropriate quarters and follow up to ensure timely and proper resolution.
• Anticipate and manage change control process.
• Understand and correlate network activity to user impact on planned events.
• Anticipate network related complaints from subscribers; inform all required parties of expected problems and develop plan for speedy rectification.
• Manage MTN product lifecycle from an NMC perspective, ensuring proper awareness, functional description, training, acceptance and operation of new products.
• Prepare and produce periodic reports to NWG Management on network failures, network faults incidences and resolution.
• Compile and distribute reports/information on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to NWG Management and other departments in MTN Nigeria.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours
• On standby throughout the year
• 4 years work experience comprising:
• 2-3 years experience in ICT environment, preferably in a telecommunications company.
• Experience working with UNIX, Solaris and Oracle