- The ART nurse assists the clinician in ensuring smooth implementation of the ART service delivery within the facility.
- He/She will directly supervise the community HIV prevention programs.
- This position is crucial to the achievement of AHF Nigeria's programmatic targets and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the facility medical officer, ensure the provision of quality, evidence based care in HCT Prevention,ART, PMTCT, arid TB services.
- Provides skilled nursing procedures (i.e dressing changes).
- Administers medication as ordered within the scope of practice of the licensee.
- Performs phlebotomy and/or initiates intravenous infusions as ordered.
- Attends and participates in team conferences as requested.
- May act as team leader to assist with the provision and supervision to patient care.
- Charts notes and medication administration according to protocol.
- Provides patent and family education.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and decision making skills.
- Ensures the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
- Reports significant changes in the patients physical status to the RN and/or to the medical provider.
- Establish effective linkages and referral of patients within and outside the facility.
- Ensures that all disseminated protocols are strictly adhered to by site staff.
- Ensure accurate and timely documentation of all services provided.
- Implement operational research protocols to answer important questions within AHF's treatment and prevention programs.
- Any other duty designated by the supervisor
- Location: Anambra, Benue, Cross River (6 positions)
- University graduate in Nursing or its equivalent.
- At least one year post NYSC experience in HIV program management.
- Knowledge of minimum prevention package for Nigeria is highly essential.
- Must be highly organized, committed and capable of effective multitasking
- Proficiency in computer an added advantage