IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the position of Nutrition and Post harvest Officer
• Carry out nutrition studies for Harvest Plus-Nigeria in collaboration with local and international partners;
• Carry out post-harvest studies of vitamin A rich crops and foods.
• Develop and promote new standards for processing, packaging and storage.
• Establish and manage model processing and marketing centres to improve access to vitamin A rich foods.
• Work with local community groups to encourage healthy eating and to improve food processing skills, taking into account the unstable nature of vitamin A in food.
• Train food processors in the value chain on best practice and business skills.
• Create demand and link to supply of vitamin A rich foods.
• Collate, analyze, interpret data and write rep
• Maintain liaison with Federal, State and NGO partners in Nigeria.
Minimum Qualification & Experience :
MSc in Human Nutrition, Food Technology or related field with 5 years experience in Nutritional Fields
Skills & abilities :
• Strong communication skills—oral and written
• Strong leadership skills • Detailed Oriented
• Good research result reporting skills
• Time management Personal Qualities :
• Willingness to travel and work in rural areas
• Be able to follow instructions and work independently where necessary.
• Possess good organizational skills and demonstrate ability to work under pressure