Locations: Borno, Jigawa, Yobe
- The Nutrition Assistant will primarily be responsible for delivery and follow-up of training of key stakeholder on nutrition in link with the response in North-Eastern Nigeria.
- This position will be responsible for implementing the nutrition behavior change activities.
- Undertake nutrition interventions at LGA level under the direction of the Nutrition Supervisor. Collect information and data on nutrition at LGA level through screenings, surveys, and assessments.
- Mobilization and awareness raising about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the Organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level).
- Diploma in a Nutrition or Community based programming or related field.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
- 1 year relevant work experience
- Experience in the Nutrition and social approach - IYCF a plus
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanuri and English
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy
- Good team spirit
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with nutrition and health programming
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy
- Previous experience with ACF
- Previous humanitarian programming experience.