Purpose of the Position:
Accountable for formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of Nutrition project(s) to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the project management, delivery and accomplishment of project goals and objectives.
Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the Nutrition project/programme promote gender equality, and for collaborating to mainstream key features across all related sectors of the country programme.
Key Expected Results
1. Timely sectoral analysis, input, support and collaboration to the Situation Analysis and its periodic update made for effective project planning, development and management.
2. Knowledge management effectively promoted through drafting/finalizing key Nutrition sectoral programme documents and reports, sharing good practice, lessons learned, and ensuring knowledge/information exchange.
3. Quality of rights-based, gender-sensitive Nutrition projects/programmes effectively promoted, and coherence, synergy and value added to project management process through results-based management.
4. Sectoral work plan and activities formulated, implemented and monitored, ensuring alignment with the defined project strategies and approaches, with special attention to gender/sex disaggregated data or relevant indicators.
5. Project delivery, evaluation and reporting carried out efficiently, rigorously and transparently in compliance with the established guidelines and procedures.
6. UNICEF`s global goals effectively promoted through advocacy and policy dialogue in the Nutrition sector.
7. Proper and timely UNICEF and Government accountability ensured regarding supply and non-supply assistance as well as disbursement of programme funds for the Nutrition sector.
8. Effective communication and networking achieved through partnership and collaboration, ensuring that gender-specific feature and requite issues are highlighted.