Following the direction of the Nutrition Program Manager, the Deputy Program Manager (DPM) is responsible for running and supervising nutrition & health activities at all stages of the project management cycle. He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the program objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints in coordination and synergy with other DPMs. The DPM ensures the Nutrition & Health team completes the defined activities while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations. The N-H DPM also has responsibilities regarding the capacity building of staff; humanitarian needs identification through needs assessments, monitoring of the evolving situation; context analysis to contribute to the development of future programs and internal coordination.
- Contribute to the definition and the implementation of ACF policies, positioning and strategies in the mission
- Contribute to the identification, definition, formulation of N-H projects and/or components of projects led by other sectors.
- Leads projects implementation, monitoring and reporting for N-H.
- To support in local ACF representation and coordination with other stakeholders within the intervention area
- Contribute to evaluation (internal and external) of project’s effect/impact.
- Contribute pro-actively to HR management (including staff career plan development)
- Contribute to the mission’s capitalization and to ACF communication