To support implementation of Nutrition component of project. To support and manage the Nutrition Program Officers, breastfeeding counsellors of the Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergency and Community management of malnutrition Programme. On a day to day basis, to assist the NIE Advisor in ensuring that the all components of the programme are functioning properly, providing care of quality to all the beneficiaries through respecting guidelines and principles of good practice (Operational Guidance on Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies, and Guiding Principles for Feeding Infant and Young Children in Emergencies, WHO 2004).
The post holder will receive a context specific ToR for each deployment, which will draw upon the responsibilities outlined below.
Programme Support (typically will be at field level):
- Support field level technical assessments in coordination with the Nutrition response lead and other SC thematic areas and/or other external sector agencies, ensuring assessment findings are documented and that all assessments include a specific analysis of children’s needs.
- With support from the NIE Adviser and/or other senior programme staff, develop project plans and budgets, contributing towards an overall project implementation.
- With support from the NIE Adviser and/or other senior programme staff, support with inputs in development of high quality concept notes and proposals.
- With the support of NIE Adviser, support project implementation to ensure timely delivery of project activities (for example, monitoring against log frames, individual performance management work plans).
- Working closely with the NIE Adviser and/or other senior programme staff, support timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Working closely with the Field Manager and the NIE Adviser and/or other senior programme staff, with the HR team, help in the identification and recruitment of community mobilisers and/or project volunteers
- With support from the NIE Adviser and/or other senior programme staff, identify programme supplies needs and coordinate with the logistics team to put in place a sensible phased procurement plan.