Vacancy number: VN-NGR-07-2016
Level: National Professional (NO-C)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
Purpose of the Post
- The incumbent of the post under te supervision of concerned Chief of Field Office and technical guidance of Chief, Nutrition Section is responsible for managing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting of progress of the nutrition programs/projects within the field office.
- The incumbent will provide technical guidance and management support throughout the programming processes to facilitate the administration and achievement of concrete and sustainable results in maternal, infant and child nutrition programs/projects according to plans, allocation, results based-management approaches and methodology (RBM) and UNICEF's Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability frame work.
- He/She will also engage with government counterparts and authorities in policy dialogue and technical advice on nutrition policy issues in order to contribute to leverage state-level resources for pursuing and accomplishing national and state nutrition goals.
- The nutrition programme has a specific focus on up-stream work including policy development, budget development and analysis, advocacy and strategic partnerships to mobilize and support Government and other partners to scaling up nutrition interventions.
Qualifications and Competencies Required
- An Advanced University Degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Nutritional Epidemiology, Global/International Health and Nutrition, Health/Nutrition Research, Policy and/or management, or other health related science field is required.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in Nutrition, public health, related research or planning and management in relevant areas of maternal, infant and child nutrition, at the international level some of which preferably in a developing country is required. Relevant experience in health/nutrition policy/program/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Experience with up-stream health and/or nutrition work at federal or state level, including high level advocacy; policy development; Government health and nutrition budget planning; health and nutrition policies - and systems development, financing and analysis.
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty station.
- Gender and diversity awareness.