Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Nutritionists take a holistic view of a person’s lifestyle, dietary habits, and overall health, to provide their client with customised nutritional advice.
Nutritionists often work in a preventative capacity, assisting people to identify and change dietary habits that could lead to future health problems. As a Nutritionist, you’ll have a strong understanding of the connection between diet and disease and how nutrition and lifestyle factors impact overall wellbeing.
- researching how the body's functions are affected by nutrient supply
- investigating the relationship between genes and nutrients
- studying how diet affects metabolism
- examining the process of nourishment and the association between diet, disease and health
- providing health advice and promoting healthy eating
- advising about special diets
- educating health professionals and the public about nutrition
- working as part of a multi-disciplinary team/supporting the work of other health care professionals
Minimum of B.SC in any related fields and any other qualification is an added advantage.