Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Nutritionists help to advance an understanding of how diet affects the health and well being of people and animals.
- researching how the body's functions are affected by nutrient supply
- investigating the relationship between genes and nutrients
- studying how diet affects metabolism
- examining the process of nourishment and the association between diet, disease and health
- providing health advice and promoting healthy eating
- advising about special diets
- educating health professionals and the public about nutrition
- working as part of a multi-disciplinary team/supporting the work of other health care professionals
A postgraduate qualification in nutrition can be helpful and is essential for candidates without a suitable first degree in nutrition or dietetics. Employers may also require specific science A levels. Relevant work experience can be advantageous and can provide a useful insight into the profession.