Core purpose of the Job:
- Promote, maintain and restore health, prevent illness and injury, and protect staff from work related and environmental hazards.
- You are expected to handle work-related injuries and educate employees on the benefits of a safe work environment.
- Observe current business practices related to the handling of hazardous materials or maintaining health and safety standards, develop and implement health and safety programs
- Make recommendations to employers that would make a workplace and its standard operating procedures safer for employees
- Developing disease prevention programs, such as smoking cessation, exercise, and healthy eating programs, document all employee injuries and illnesses within the workplace
- Observing and assessing the work environment for potential dangers and hazard.
- Overseeing and implementing emergency and disaster preparedness programs and planning
- Counseling employees on physical and mental health issues and guiding them towards community resources and/or employee assistance programs
- First Degree in Nursing and a Master's Degree in Occupational Health/ Nursing would be an added advantage.
Academic and Professional:
- Must be a Registered Nurse, minimum of 4 years' work experience.
Job Specific Competencies (Skills/ Knowledge/ Attributes):
- Communication skill
- Critical thinking
- Good listening skill
- Database software, office software, such as spreadsheet and word processing, medical records software; medical monitoring equipment.