- Design of metro fiber rings in cities and planning expansion of existing metro networks to cover future capacity requirements
- Monitoring of OFC laying & termination, verification of MB’s, correction of As-built diagrams, issuance of Bills, OFC testing with OTDR and Power/Laser Source meter and PAT issuance
- Design of Outside Plant Construction for Access (GPON, FTTx / FTTB), Metro and Backbone.
- Creating project budgets for Outside Plant Construction for Access (GPON, FTTx/FTTB), Metro and Backbone Fiber links
- Installations of Multivendor ( preferred Huawei ) ODF/ONU/ONT/OLT & SDH/DWDM
- Quality control of Fiber project at all Steps of implementation & acceptance and definition of following Fiber Optics OSP Parameter, ( Manhole, Route Marker, HDPE & PVC Duct, Bridge Attachments, Crossings ( road, drainage, streams, railway etc...), Blowing & Pulling, Splicing, Joint Box, ODF / DDF, Site Entrance etc...
- Plotting of Fiber Route on GIS based software maps ( Google Earth, Mapinfo etc...)
- Inspection, approval and Signing-off of all Implementation and as-build-drawings steps and documentation.
- Optimization of backbone performance and losses by reducing extra cable joints
- Power debugging, OSNR improvement and new software/hardware upgrades in order to meet capacity and quality requirements
- Transmission support provisioning to IT, MW & BSS teams for Ethernet over SDH and re-routing of BTS sites
- Co-ordination with contractors and vendors for conducting PAT, fiber route surveys and smooth OAM activities of the network
- First point of contact for NOC for all the equipment and Fiber Transmission Network related outages
- Technical discussion and problem resolutions with vendor and contractors