Please exercise due diligence when applying for this job vacancy.
Office administrators Duties:
• supervise and coordinate activities of staff
• interview job applicants
• conduct orientation programmes for new employees
• administer salaries and work out leave entitlements
• be involved in staff training and development, the preparation of job descriptions, staff assessments and promotions
• prepare annual estimates of expenditure, maintain budgetary and inventory controls and make recommendations to management
• maintain management information systems (manual or computerised)
• locate suitable business premises and negotiate reasonable leasing agreements
• provide and maintain business premises and other facilities including plant machinery and equipment
• review and answer correspondence
• provide secretarial or executive services for committees.
Office administrators may work for one person or a group of people. Long hours of work and/or travel may be required.
Office administrators undertake a range of functions to make sure the administration activities within an organisation run smoothly. They may be responsible for the management of human resources, budgets, accommodation and property facilities and records. These functions can be performed at various levels ranging from junior through to upper management.
Skills and Qualifications:
• HND, B.Sc. degree or any relevant discipline
• able to supervise
• good oral and written communication skills
• aptitude for working with computers
• good organisation skills.