Main Purpose of Position
The role of the Office administrator is to supervise and monitor the staff in the execution of their duties; planning and evaluating activities.
• Maintain high horticulture standards and direction; providing direction and supervision for the staffs.
• Establishes and oversees the staff in their responsibilities.
• Maintain staff by recruiting, selecting and training staff.
• Preparing and modifying business plans.
• Scheduling the planting and harvesting of plants.
• Ensures that materials necessary for work are available and well maintained.
• Oversees workers to ensure that they carry out their assigned responsibilities properly and on time.
• Monitors weekly and monthly budgets and gives feedback to employees and management.
• Ensures that conflicts are resolved.
Qualification and Experience
• B.Sc in Business Management, Horticulture, Crop Science, or any other related course.
• Minimum of 2 years experience working in a structured organization
• Minimum of 1 year supervisory experience; (inclination to gardening and landscaping would be an added advantage)
Required Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Organization and planning skills
• Business skills
• Communication and Management skills
• Minimum of average proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and account documents.
• Great interpersonal skills
• Ability to solve problems