Job Vacancy at Metropolitan School Of Business And Management Nigeria
- Executive Office
- Executive Office
- Minimum Qualification
- Required Experience
- 1 - 3 years
- Employment Type
- Full Time
1. Greets customers of the department, or other personnel of the Business School, by phone, in person or through electronic media. Assesses customers' needs and explains services, processes, procedures and guidelines. Handles requests/transactions or directs the person or matter to the proper sources. Assists in resolving problems and ensuring satisfactory customer service.
2. Processes forms or applications to ensure accuracy and completeness; computes or verifies data, fees or payments, enters data and forwards or files paperwork.
3. Uses a personal computer and a variety of office software applications including word processing, Email, and file management. Prepares documents in Word from scratch or using predefined templates and form letters. Creates or maintains files in Excel. May create PowerPoint presentations and use Access or other databases.
4. May assist in creating or maintaining the department's web and intranet pages and use web publishing software to create documents and other web-based resources.
5. Operates other office equipment such as printers, copy machines, fax machines. May serve as liaison with service and vendor personnel.
6. May provide direct or indirect assistance to academic functions and services. These include class scheduling, administration of student records, test administration and scoring, supporting counseling/advising services and general support to programs in all areas of the college.
7. Most positions make extensive use of large and complex databases of department records and services such as Banner. Enter information, ensure the accuracy and completeness of the data and generate reports or outputs as needed.
8. Performs research and data gathering activities and may prepare reports or summaries of information. Prepares or maintains reports or records and other statistical or quantitative data.
9. May serve as receiver of mail or correspondence for the work unit or area. Opens or reviews correspondence and determines proper disposition.
10. May have some or all responsibility for department supplies and inventories. Tracks status and orders, purchases, maintains or distributes as needed.
11. Files documents and may be responsible for developing or modifying filing practices, including use of electronic rather than paper records.
12. Coordinates and organizes meetings, and other department activities and functions. May schedule or obtain use of rooms and may set up rooms and equipment for use.
13. May assist in handling personnel or payroll functions, actions, forms and records.
14. May assist in handling and tracking of financial matters, including development or maintenance of the department budget, revenue, expenses or other funding sources.
15. May assist in developing or revising procedures, practices and forms.
16. Attends and participates in meetings and committees and may take minutes or notes and perform follow-up activities.
17. May provide administrative support or assistance in certain defined areas to supervisor or other personnel in the office.
18. May receive, record and/or track incoming payments receipts and makes proper distribution of records and funds. Researches and resolves discrepancies and makes proper accounting distribution.
19. May provide training and informal guidance and direction to other employees.