We have started our annual engagement of Professional Executive/ Spy/Trailer/ Truck drivers and Dispatch Riders for the year 2017 now.
This is due to the demand from our various clients to get the drivers processed before January 2017 so that successful candidates who scaled through screening can resume at the appropriate time without any delay next year.
After screening, successful Executive Drivers will be posted to different organization closer to where they reside in Lagos State while Trailer and Truck Drivers can live and be posted to anywhere in Lagos as from January 2017 to resume their duties.
Successful Drivers will be expected to provide driving support to the private & corporate organizations posted to in Lagos. Drivers and fleet of vehicles form a major part support teams, and professional drivers are integral to the successful delivery of the logistics plan.
• Provide a courteous and efficient service to all internal /external customers , and is a valuable first point of contact for external customers visiting the state / country;
• Perform daily vehicle checks and report maintenance needs promptly;
• Drive carefully and safely at all times in line with international driving standards, and checks to ensure that passengers, other road users and the vehicle in his care are safe;
• Ensure that all vehicle reports are duly approved and prepared on a monthly basis; records of mileage, fuel and maintenance costs made available to supervisor on or before scheduled dates;
• Maintain a professional appearance by ensuring good personal hygiene, and wears a clean and ironed uniform at all times;
• Ensure that adequate knowledge of the destination and route is gathered before departure;
• Maintain assigned vehicle in a clean and roadworthy state at all times;
• Ensure that approval for repairs is always obtained before taking the vehicle to the garage;
• Ensure adherence to transport policy on vehicle usage;
• Establishes good and considerate working relationships with all staff in the organisation, demonstrating respect for their own roles and responsibilities;
• Be available outside standard hours in case of emergency;
• Undertake to travel to other states other than normal location with overnight allowance if necessary;
• Ensure compliance with local administrative procedures required in the event of an accident;
• Be responsible for in-vehicle equipment;
Responsibilities: Interview, document and attend to applicants [Drivers & Dispatch Riders] looking for job Ensure they meet up with the requirements Call & Follow up on drivers in different job locations and also attend to their complaints Do banking transactions Ensure drivers in place for replacement in any location at any moment Represent the company, discuss and meet with clients if the need arise Manage office administration Attend to any other duties that may be assigned by the Head of Transport
Essential competencies / skills:
• Valid category B & G driving license since at least 4 years;
• To be over 25 years;
• Demonstrable defensive driving skills (in town and on dirt roads);
• Good communication skills;
• Basic routine maintenance and vehicle handling skills;
• Excellent knowledge of the city and major motorways in all state in Nigeria and ( Lagos state) in particular;
• Willingness to be flexible and prepared to contribute to the company in other duties as required.