Vacancy Notice No.: 01/16 LOS
Position type: 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
- Due to the nature of the role it is necessary that any applicant be security cleared to confidential status, or demonstrate that they can easily obtain such clearance.
- Clearance is most easily obtained by UK nationals with at least 3 years residence in the past 10 years in the UK, USA, Australia, Canada or New Zealand.
- Nationals of the latter four countries may also be able to get clearance. Candidates must have a traceable history over the last 5 years.
Main Purpose of Job
- The main function of this post is to act as the Office Manager, providing administrative support to the National Crime Agency-led CSSF Joint Border Task Force (JBTF) project team, based in the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos. This is a multi-agency team consisting of officers from the NCA, UK Border Force, RALON and local engaged staff.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a team.
- Maintain and update accurate financial records in support of the management of a multi million pound annual budget;
- Provide administrative support to the JBTF Project Team;
- Complete other corporate records in a timely and accurate manner;
- Handle intelligence in accordance with NCA policies and operating procedures
- Manage staff - A2 Project Support Assistant
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop a thorough understanding of FCO and NCA budget management and procurement processes;
- Maintain and update accurate financial records in support of FCO and NCA budget management and procurement processes.
- Co-ordinate and deliver effective administrative support to the JBTF Project Team. This may include booking flights and accommodation and providing to logistical support to training events, workshops and conferences.
- Maintain accurate records in relation to incoming and outgoing intelligence reports including quality assurance to ensure compliance with NCA policies and operating procedures.
- Liaison with other NCA offices, law enforcement partners and private industry in person and in writing, collating information and preparing reports
- Maintain and update CSSF Project Asset Register (including management of vehicle fleet).
- Timely completion of own performance records as well as that of those managed.
- Performing ad hoc duties identified as commensurate to the role.
Other skills / Experience / Qualifications
Essential on arrival:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload effectively.
- Able to obtain UK security clearance
- Understanding of FCO procurement and financial processes.
Key Competences required:
- Competence 1:Making Effective Decisions
- Competence 2:Delivering a Quality Service
- Competence 3: Delivering at Pace
- Competence 4: Collaborating and Partnering
- Language: English
- Level of language required: Fluent written and spoken.