The oiler shall be responsible for providing general maintenance for the vessel’s engine and mechanical parts
- oiling the different parts of the engine, ensuring everything is running in order and smoothly.
- checking the oil levels in machines where this is appropriate.
- taking measurements from the various machines on the vessel, and recording those measurements in logs, as well as organizing those logs in an accessible manner.
- keeping watch in the engine room for six hours at a time
- assisting the chief engineer in the startup and shutdown of engine room equipment
- keeping an engine room log; cleaning and caring for equipment, machinery and machinery spaces
- maintaining and repairing vessel machinery and tanks
loading and stowage of spare parts and supplies.
Required Education and Experience:
- A relevant professional qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational and follow-up skills
- 2 years experience in similar role.