NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the Oil & Gas Industry. Our client, a major Oil and Gas Operator have an opportunity for an OLT Naval Architect to work on a FPSO project, on a long term contract based in Lagos, Nigeria.
The OLT Naval architect is responsible for the delivery of the OLT hull and naval systems, in accordance with Contracts requirements, in particular technical requirements and schedule, ensuring all aspects of the EPCI works are accounted for in due time.
• Following up the Naval Engineering / Qualification / Procurement activities performed by OLT Contractor
• Follow up OLT contractor engineering regarding mooring design and naval architecture
• Direct the OLT contractor to effective resolution of all interface matter related to OLT naval architecture and mooring design (RAO).
• Ensuring that Engineering / Qualification / Procurement activities are performed in line with Contracts requirements and Project Specifications, all within project schedule
• Ensuring that Engineering / Qualification / Procurement activities are performed in line with Client General Specifications and issue proper derogations, if required
• Ensuring that for the Manufacturing and Fabrication of critical items, ITPs are reviewed in due time by the relevant parties and are given the right level of attention
• Assisting Manufacturing, Fabrication, Installation and Pre-commissioning activities and leading the resolution of technical issues when necessary
• Ensuring correct and timely information is provided by OLT contractor to other contractors
• Assisting in interface management with UFR and FPSO Contractors
• Answering OLT Contractor technical queries as necessary
• Ensuring that HSE requirements are taken into consideration during design
• The OLT Naval architect will also assist the UFR package regarding mooring design and naval architecture subjects.
• To ensure that all safety and environmental required studies for the OLT Buoy will be reviewed/updated and that final design will comply with ALARP policy,
• To ensure that the OLT Buoy design will comply with all HSE requirements,
• To attend safety inductions as required and adapt behaviour to fully comply with office security, health and safety instruction,
• To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazard and surroundings,
• To participate to local programmes or initiative to improve HSSE performance,
• To report to Management on any issue or observation and propose way of improvement.
Qualifications and experience
• Graduate degree in a relevant engineering discipline MANDATORY with MSc or equivalent. Pending experience candidates with BSc may be also given consideration
• 7 years experience in naval architecture and mooring design for deepwater Projects (pending profile, candidates with less experience and previous exposure to OLT/FPSO EPCI projects will be also given due considerations). Relevant experience will include development of detail design specifications, performance and / or validation of detail design calculations for FPSO or OLT.
• Good knowledge of international design codes / standards and Client general specifications
• Good sense of organization, ability to prioritize activities, to identify critical aspects, to propose way forwards, to lead specialists or third parties, to summarize and present complex design issues including transverse and interfaces matters
• Fully conversant with Naval architecture software (calculation of RAO) and mooring design
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of one of the world's leading Oil and Gas operators who are driving forward increasingly specialized and innovative solutions. The successful applicant will receive a competitive rate as well as a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental, life insurances and long and short term disability insurance.