Reporting to the Head of Industry Communication this role works collaboratively within the wider Industry Communications team, with the corporate Online Communications team and with other communications teams throughout Siemens. More specifically however, this role supports the Head of Industry Communication to manage Siemens Industry’s external and internal online presence.
In conjunction with the Head of Industry Communication development of online tactical plan that supports the business objectives both internally and externally.
Excellent project management, planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities to ensure the effective/ timely delivery of communication programmes as appropriate and directed
Undertake accurate online writing ensuring that objectives are met.
Ensure the Intranet is kept up to date and employee campaigns are /information is deployed as appropriate. Bringing new ideas for improvement with the technical ability to deploy ideas such as webcasts, podcasts , employee surveys etc
Development of online business tools and communication/ information platform eg-webinars and other platforms/ tools within Siemens web and social media design guidelines.
Working with the Head of Industry Communication manage and implement digital advertising campaigns you will ensure they meet the business’ commercial and communications objectives online and deliver excellent online user experiences
Demonstrable understanding and experience in the use of digital analytics tools e.g. Google analytics, Webtrends, Omniture, etc... to ensure that activities are measured and tracked for reporting and return on investment purposes.
The ability to externally benchmark with other B2B companies’ websites proactively looking for improvement and ideas to improve the online presence to enable a competitive edge both internally and externally.
The ability to bring best practice to the website by proactively looking to enhance and develop its presence and improvement plans actioned.
Demonstrate a real in depth understanding of Social Media platforms new and established that will allow us to plan where appropriate in campaigns eg linked- in , twitter etc.
Demonstrate the ability to work with customers within the business at all levels to ensure that their needs and requirements are met. Ensure that all outputs are delivered on time and to budget.
Flexible and proactive individual with the ability to think outside of the box and works independently.
Education:- Graduate level or equivalent
• Project planning/management
• Technical web skills
• Excellent written & accurate communications skills, including writing for online.
• Microsoft Office, graphics packages, html, web design
• In depth knowledge and experience of social Media usage and development in business to business environment
• Knowledge and experience Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) techniques
• Experience with online web content management tools
• Understanding of core Web Technologies (i.e. HTML, CSS)
• Flash Technology
• Image manipulation (Photoshop, illustrator )
• Self-motivated team player
• Planning and organisation skills
• Attention to detail
• Team Player
• Experience of working in matrix organisations, managing a number of stakeholders
• Experience of delivering Online Communications to time and budget and developing online content
• Working in a B2B environment an advantage.