- Work with the Managing Director to develop and implement the company business development strategy for our different market segments.
- Maintain and further develop our Online Channel Partner relationships with retail partners such as Jumia, Konga, Kaymu, Dealdey etc, from product registration to order processing, delivery of goods, invoicing, marketing and general relationship management for revenue growth
- Manage the support processes such as warehouse management, office administration and HR matters.
- Develop other key retail channels for distribution of goods, e.g, Key Accounts, supermarkets, party channel etc.
- Develop incremental wholesale channels to drive profitable & scalable growth.
- Provide regular feedback to the business on improvements to our products that would enhance revenues.
- Responsibility for developing the reporting templates of the organization and ensuring that they are submitted on agreed periodic intervals..
- Manage the sales team with a view to maximizing our revenues, profits and market penetration.
- Develop and implement online selling tools.
- Exceed personal and team targets for incremental growth
- Develop and implement SMART plans to ensure maximum revenue generation
- Build a pipeline of potential customers and develop through the sales cycle
- Initiate and attend promotional events to drive brand awareness and revenue growth
- Develop a high level of market knowledge and ensure that this is shared across the team and within the organization
- Ensure proactive and effective communication at all levels both internally and externally
- Define performance standards, update/maintain them
- Set individual and team objectives and review at regular meetings
- Lead by example in keeping team focused, aggressive, motivated and rewarded
- University degree or its equivalent
- Experience in sales, marketing and/or finance
- Minimum of 4 years’ managerial experience, at least three of which should be in fast moving consumer goods
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office packages including word, power point, excel and publisher.
- Tech-savvy with good grasp of the internet and its use
- Excellent knowledge of the retail industry
- High quality of thinking and analytical awareness
- Negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven record of delivering outstanding growth, managing high caliber teams and negotiating deals
Key Performance Indicators:
- Prompt definition and approval of Financial Year strategic action plan based on annual corporate 100% achievement of target for the FY
- Growth of revenue from each key sales channels as jointly predetermined
- Increased performance over last FY from retailers & wholesalers as jointly predetermined
- Grow existing customer base and build new areas of revenue generation objectives & targets